Tuesday, November 6, 2007

New Plans


I'm down to 1.5 addresses now, soon to be just one. This year has been one of constant change, with my plans switching every 5 minutes! My intellectual side knows this is the way of life, and necessary for growth, but my emotional side still wants some familiarity and sameness. My favorite quote is by Santayana- "There is wisdom in turning as often as possible from the familiar to the unfamiliar: It fosters humor, kills prejudge, and keeps the mind nimble." I'm learning to repeat that to myself often. A few days ago someone in my family suffered a big loss in many ways, and the shockwaves have run far and wide, to include some of my plans. We are left to pick up the pieces and keep moving........At least we have the substantial love & support of family and friends. And new plans......

My art has gone into hiding for the last couple of weeks, but I have managed to get a little done, and will be taking some work up to Frankfort, Indiana, tomorrow, for a show that runs this weekend (Nov. 9,10,11).
The photo is of a bag/purse prototype that I recently finished, and want to make more of. Each one will be different, 'cause
I hate to make duplicates of my stuff!

Thought for the day- Embrace change or be miserable!
Peace, Betsy

1 comment:

Alcoholic Outsider Artist said...

hoosier here

http://alcoholicoutsiderartist.blogspot.com/