Monday, September 1, 2008

Goals



This is one of Sammy's goals, not mine! Alas, her bowl-drinking days are pretty much over. She seems to have forgotten this filthy habit in her old age, thankfully. And before the animal-rights people give me their two-cents worth about not letting a pet drink from the toilet- first, I AM one of those animal-rights people, and I only use baking soda and vinegar to clean it so no nasty chemicals. (yes, I'm a tree-hugging, save the whales and environment gal.) I'll spare you a sermon today...lucky you.

My goals would be to get my darn studio in order to make some art again.
I got my gi-normous 10 1-2 ft table in it finally, with the help of three-and-a-half other humans. (another story). My first project on it was a tiny baby quilt that a friend needed to make for someone, and due to a broken wrist, could not accomplish without a little help. We made it in a day and it turned out great!

I'm organinzing all my fabrics now on my shelves- a feat that should not be accomplshed alone- lest one would get buried under a pile when it fell! My dear sister came over to help and we passed the time chatting and trying in vain to keep Panther the cat from getting to cozy in the piles! Didn't have much luck there! Somewhere I have photos of Panther- aka 'Owl'- when you see her you'll know why I've dubbed her that name! She resembles a great-horned-owl I think!

It's the last day of my three-day weekend and I'm savoring my precious free time! Who has time to eat when there is so much other good stuff to be doing?

Have a splendiferous week kiddies!

No comments: